The Classic Elegance of Hardwood Floors
Many homeowners choose hardwood floors for their classic beauty and distinct elegance. While there are many flooring options that mimic the look and feel of hardwood, it’s very difficult to find a material that actually offers the same kind of sophistication that hardwood floors imbue into the environments where they are installed.
Hardwood floors have many advantages. In this article, we will discuss their unique characteristics that make them a wonderful flooring option for residential and commercial settings alike.
- Durability and strength – Wood flooring is not only beautiful, it is also very strong and durable. Provided that it is cared for properly, it can last for many generations. A lot of century-old homes still standing today were constructed using hardwood, so you can just imagine how tough hardwood floors can be. Yes, it can still get scratched, but the wood can be easily sanded and refinished if needed.
- Cleaning is easy – Hardwood is easier to keep clean than other flooring materials like carpet and natural stone. Carpet can collect dust and debris between its knots or piles, while textured natural stone can accumulate grime in the small crevices on its surfaces and even in the grout lines. Conversely, routine cleaning hardwood floors is easy. All you need to do is sweep or vacuum regularly because abrasive particles like pebbles or sand can ruin it. If it’s time to get your hardwood flooring professionally cleaned, you only need to ask help from a trustworthy cleaning service provider like Dalworth Clean to do the job.
- Ambiance and comfort – A study from the University of Tampere in Finland has revealed that wood can promote health and well-being by reducing stress levels among people living in places like home care centers and hospitals. Psychologically, people feel closer to nature when they are in settings with wooden elements, allowing them to relax better. You can replicate the same effect in your home by using natural wood flooring.
- Countless options – Natural wood floors are available in different varieties. Different species like maple, oak, cypress, beech, ash, and willow, have different colors and density, and individual products are offered in different panel sizes and finishing as well. You’ll never run out of options when it comes to hardwood flooring.
- Enduring – Wood has been used in construction and architecture since the ancient times, and it will never go out of style. It will always be a preferred building material because of its unique qualities. Thus, you can expect your hardwood floors to remain in vogue for many years to come.
Dalworth Clean is an award-winning home improvement, cleaning, and restoration company servicing the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. If you are in need of expert wood floor cleaning services, please call us today at 817-553-2184.