The Basics of Tile and Grout Cleaning for Collinsville, Texas
Because of their hard-wearing nature, tiles made from materials like ceramic and stone have been a popular flooring product for hundreds of years. Today, tiles adorn modern homes all over the world and are commonly found in kitchens, bathrooms, and foyers.
Tiles and the grout joints between them can be challenging to clean. Textured tiles have small crevices on their surface that can accumulate grime, while the grout lines, being made of porous grout, can absorb even more impurities.
In this article, we share some tips you can follow in order to keep your tile and grout spotless. By responsibly attending to the upkeep of your tile flooring, you can be sure it’s always going to look dirt-free and pristine for many years to come.
- Regular professional cleaning – DIY deep-cleaning, especially those that involve the use of harsh chemicals and highly abrasive scrubbing methods can harm your tile flooring. The advantage of hiring a professional cleaner is being able to get someone who has extensive experience in performing tile and grout cleaning, giving you the peace of mind that they won’t be ruining your precious tile flooring any time soon.
- Seal the grout lines – The porous grout joints can be sealed with a sealant to protect it from water damage, dirt accumulation, and stains. Sealants are commercially available, and the process can be done as a do-it-yourself project. However, if you aren’t about how to do it, you can hire an expert to get it done instead.
- Simply sweep and mop – Between professional cleaning sessions, there’s hardly anything else you need to do except to sweep and mop your tile floors regularly. Sweep or vacuum the floor dry so that you can remove most of the loose dust and debris. Afterwards, mop your floors with warm water mixed with a mild detergent.
- Brush as needed – Brushing can be beneficial if you need to remove deep-seated dirt from your tiles and grout. Avoid using brushed with metal bristles as these could chip away on the grout.
- Clean spills immediately – Spilled soda and other beverages, blood, paint products, pet urine, and other messes can discolor your tiles and grout. Make sure not to leave them sitting for too long.
Dalworth Clean is a leading provider of tile and grout cleaning and other home improvement services within the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in Texas. Please call us now at 817-553-2184 to learn more.