Cosmetics Stain Cleaning Tips in Dallas/Fort Worth
Cosmetics Stain Removal
Cosmetics can include makeup, mascara, lipsticks, lotions and creams. Mostly they are pigments in dyes, fats, waxes and oils.
Stain Removal Ingredients
- AMMONIA 1 Tbsp. clear household ammonia in 1/2 cup water. Always pre-test.
- DETERGENT 1-2 drops colorless, mild detergent or dishwashing liquid in 1 cup lukewarm water.
- ENZYME DETERGENT Mix enzyme detergent per instructions on package and allow to remain on stain recommended time. Do not over wet. CAUTION: Enzymes can damage natural fibers like wool. Use with care or Call Us.
- WHITE VINEGAR 1/3 cup white household vinegar in 2/3 cup water.
- Scrape off excess (using a dull edge tool) and apply POG* remover, blot.
- Apply dry cleaning solvent, blot.
- Apply detergent solution, blot.
- Apply ammonia solution, blot.
- Apply vinegar solution, blot.
- Apply pressure to the spot with a spatula or the back of a tablespoon to work spotting solution deep into spot. DO NOT SCRUB as this may cause nap distortion of the fiber.
- Rinse with water, blot until dry.
(Dry cleaning solvent and POG (paint oil grease) remover are available at most hardware stores. Or Call Us. Solvents contain volatile organic compounds and must be used in strict accordance with manufacturers' instructions. Use in well ventilated space and avoid products containing Perchlorethylene -- considered quite hazardous.)