Pet Soil Stain Cleaning Tips in Dallas/Fort Worth
Pet Soil Stain Removal
Pet soil or vomit is a complex mixture of foodstuffs, saliva, stomach acids and digestive waste products. Sometimes, this mixture can stain the pile of a carpet or leave a persistent odor. Follow the tips below to cleanup the stain.
Stain Removal Ingredients
- AMMONIA 1 Tbsp. clear household ammonia in 1/2 cup water. Always pre-test.
- DETERGENT 1-2 drops colorless, mild detergent or dishwashing liquid in 1 cup lukewarm water.
- ENZYME DETERGENT Mix enzyme detergent per instructions on package and allow to remain on stain recommended time. Do not over wet. CAUTION: Enzymes can damage natural fibers like wool. Use with care or Call Us.
- WHITE VINEGAR 1/3 cup white household vinegar in 2/3 cup water.
- Immediately pick up/blot up as much material as possible using paper towels or a clean, white cloth. A tablespoon makes a good scraper if necessary.
- Apply vinegar solution, blot.
- Apply detergent solution, blot.
- Apply pressure to the spot with a spatula or the back of a tablespoon to work spotting solution deep into spot. DO NOT SCRUB as this may cause nap distortion of the fiber.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool clean water, blot until dry.
(Dry cleaning solvent contains organic compound. Use carefully in strict accordance with manufacturer's instructions. Use in well ventilated space and avoid products containing Perchlorethylene.) Or Call Us.