Plant Food Stain Cleaning Tips in Dallas/Fort WorthContact Us
Plant Food Stain Removal
Many plant foods have chemicals that can damage the color of your carpet. Try these recommendations for cleaning the plant food stain, but you may need to call us for help.
Stain Removal Ingredients
- AMMONIA 1 Tbsp. clear household ammonia in 1/2 cup water. Always pre-test.
- DETERGENT 1-2 drops colorless, mild detergent or dishwashing liquid in 1 cup lukewarm water.
- ENZYME DETERGENT Mix enzyme detergent per instructions on the package and allow to remain on stain recommended time. Do not over wet. CAUTION: Enzymes can damage natural fibers like wool. Use with care or Call Us.
- WHITE VINEGAR 1/3 cup white household vinegar in 2/3 cup water.
- Scoop up as much as possible.
- Blot up remaining with clean white towels.
- Apply detergent solution, blot.
- Rinse with water, blot dry.
- Apply pressure to the spot with a spatula or the back of a tablespoon to work spotting solution deep into the spot. DO NOT SCRUB as this may cause nap distortion of the fiber.
- If stain persists, apply dry cleaning solvent, blot.
(Dry cleaning solvent contains an organic compound. Use carefully in strict accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Use in well-ventilated space and avoid products containing perchlorethylene.)