Ketchup Stain Cleaning Tips in Dallas/Fort WorthContact Us
Ketchup & Tomato Stain Removal
Ketchup and other tomato-based sauces can create hard to remove stains that stick deep within the fibers. They generally contain tomatoes, salt, sugar, spices, tannin, vinegar, onions, artificial coloring, preservatives, etc.
Stain Removal Ingredients
- AMMONIA 1 Tbsp. clear household ammonia in 1/2 cup water. Always pre-test.
- DETERGENT 1-2 drops colorless, mild detergent or dishwashing liquid in 1 cup lukewarm water.
- ENZYME DETERGENT Mix enzyme detergent per instructions on the package and allow to remain on stain recommended time. Do not over wet. CAUTION: Enzymes can damage natural fibers like wool. Use with care or Call Us.
- WHITE VINEGAR 1/3 cup white household vinegar in 2/3 cup water.
- Apply cool detergent solution, blot.
- Apply ammonia solution, blot.
- Apply enzyme solution, blot. (Note Caution above about using enzymes on natural fibers)
- Rinse thoroughly with water, blot until dry.
- If stain remains, bleaching with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide or sodium perborate is recommended - proceed with extreme caution, or call us.
- Apply pressure to the spot with a spatula or the back of a tablespoon to work spotting solution deep into the spot. DO NOT SCRUB as this may cause nap distortion of the fiber.
(Dry cleaning solvent contains an organic compound. Use carefully in strict accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Use in well-ventilated space and avoid products containing perchlorethylene.)
Need Dalworth Clean's Help?
Carpets need to be professionally cleaned once a year, or when heavy soiling and spills occur. When you need professional carpet cleaning and stain removal in our DFW Service Area, contact Dalworth Clean. We will schedule your appointment and provide you with a free quote.Call us to schedule your service at 817-553-2184 or use our online ordering system to schedule your appointment right away.